Thursday, April 21, 2011

Something old, something new

Anyone who knows me knows I am an addict.

I have been known to almost decapitate my husband to capture a photo of an amazingly beautiful old barn while traveling 80 miles per hour on a road trip as I leaned over him in a crazed fury with my camera.

When it comes to old, rusty, weathered, antiqued, vintage stuff, I am hooked. I swoon. I LOVE old doors, old windows, old cars, old rusted metal, old barns, old keys, old furniture, antique shops, and even antique people! {Fifteen + years of working in the health field with sweet seniors will do that to a girl!} The rich colors, the textures... the worn, beautiful and fragile state that old objects are in is so lovely, and the stories that are within such objects so intriguing, so unknowing, that it draws me in. I love it.

BUT, what if you wanted to make something old by hand, rather than go hunting for it?

A blog I follow has such a crafty and creative idea, I just had to share it. Check out how to make these cute and decorative aged barn doors without the splinters of 80 year old wood HERE!

PS.
Here is the barn I nearly killed my husband by capturing :

Aren't the colors incredible? And I love how it is leaning over.

No comments:

Post a Comment