Saturday, April 30, 2011

Steak, Onion and Zucchini Kabobs



Yep. These rocked.

I tenderized and cubed up 5 thick gorgeous grilling steaks, drizzed them with extra-virgin olive oil, and tossed them in a bowl with kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper and a teaspoon of dried parsley. I covered the bowl and let them marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.

I wedge cut tri-layer slices of yellow and red onion and thick sliced zucchini into circles. After soaking my wooden skewers for a half hour, I assembled the kabobs and brushed a bit more olive oil onto the vegetables prior to grilling.

My hubby grilled up these beauties and paired with a salad it was more than enough for us each to have two kabobs. Oh, and he thanked me profusely and repeatedly while eating them. And my daughter barely spoke as she couldn't get enough of the delicious steak. They really were fantastic, so make them and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I've tried these already and they were very good. I think next time I need to try a different cut of meat, mine was a bit chewy. I loaded them with squash/zucchini,red & green peppers/red onion. YUMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a huge package of the really good thick cut steaks from Costco. I made about 24 kabobs! I then saved and froze snack baggies filled with the extra steak cubes for quick, delicious and easy "protein grabs". Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete