Friday, April 29, 2011

Rest, relaxation and gettin' bendy

A nice cup of soothing tea ...

... and a great book to snuggle up with in a cozy bed. Add soft lighting, some scented candles, perhaps a really good dark chocolate truffle, have it perfectly quiet and I am in momentary, soothing, divine calm bliss...

So... Let's switch gears.
Ever done yoga?

I decided after having pulled back from it for some time {okay fine, in over like, 7 years}, that I would reintroduce my body to it again, to bring it back into that tranquil harmony and fluid line that only yoga can give. To get flexible and bendy and fold and twist and stretch my limbs like a pretzel as I did in years past... when I was lithe and in my 20's... before I had a neck injury and subsequent neck and back therapy and issues... before I had a baby and a large weight gain and loss... before I had become more of a busy, running around mom, working from home and doing just general exercise like using my Shakeweight {go ahead and laugh, but it REALLY WORKS!} walking, swimming, hiking and biking sort of stuff. {That is when I actually DO those things that follow after the walking part.}

I once was really bendy. Yep, now not so much. Although I am slim again, gettin' bendy, toned and really flexible is something I am enjoying grasping again, and just starting out shows me exactly where I am in comparison to some of the photos I found online of those waaaaaay beyond my current level of bendy.

I more than likely will never do this pose as my neck is in a reverse curve... WOW.

"Face To Floor Straight Leg Arm Smash"... I'm not even close.

Omigosh. I can understand the bendy balance, but the ELBOWS must be bionic. Dang girl!

Okay, I cannot figure out where this guy begins and ends...

Then we come to me. {Well, not ME, but the level I am at thus far in my "gettin' bendy program" goes}. I am getting groovy with Tara Stiles in my living room 3 mornings a week via my tv and really enjoying it, easing back in and finding that although I have had some annoying issues in the past health wise, that I am rising above them and working with them to be the best physical me that I can be. Plus, it is relaxing, restful and energizing all at the same time!

I can actually do much more than just sit like this.
Oh, and these yoga socks are super cute.

2 comments:

  1. Does the Shake really work? I have thought about buying one....it is the hand weight looking thingamajig and you shake right? let me know cause if you say it helps I'm gonna buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, have you seen my "before and after" photos? You can see how well it works from those! Long, lean, dancer's arms come from Igniting and shaking that Shakeweight 3x a week for 5 minutes a day! Buy one - you will love it!

    ReplyDelete