Wednesday, April 27, 2011

{beachlove}

Anyone who knows me well knows my deep love for the beach and sea. I am not talking touristy stopovers and viewpoints and shells collected by paying for them from a gift shop. I adore deeply both the power and serenity of the experience of the beach and waves, and having been caught up in both I remain in love. My shell collection is 90% of what I have hand collected or had passed down to me by my mother, who had also shared the same love and instilled in me the passion for nature and conservation. I currently live within the embrace of mountains, desert and forests. It has been too long since I have been within the water I long for and miss so very much. I yearn for the wash of clear turquoise blue Carribean seawater to blanket me and to feel the white warm silky sand under my feet. {sigh}

Until then, here's a darling hat to wear and reflect upon beachy days to come!

How dang cute and simple is THIS?!

Go buy a great woven flop hat that you love and get a faux starfish from PIER 1. They look TOTALLY real but are made of a resin-type stuff so they are WAY more durable than having crispy dead sea life on your head that could get crushed when you stoop down to get in your car. Not so pretty. Go for faux. And just by slipping it through the woven areas, imperfectly wrap jute, twine or hemp around the starfish, tying it inside the hat to secure it and you have a cute sea side look for summer, whether or not you have sand under your feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment