Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Time

Words can merely touch on the feelings that summer time brings. The memories made, the vacations taken, the relaxing times spent, the cocoa brown tans adorned, the sun-kissed hair, the playing, swimming, camping, exploring, discovering and simply loving the long days and sweet nights... many to be had under the stars by a crackling fire. Better yet, on a beach listening to the waves as dreams take over our thoughts.


Embrace these days and relish in them. Capture them in pictures to remember them. Awaken early to not waste the day. Begin with appreciation to God for the beauty He has given us to enjoy, and end the day with the same, as we are all SO blessed, aren't we! Most of all, be in the moment of these long sweet days. Time simply passes by and in a blink, this time will be gone, so make the most of each and every day.

Please share below with me what makes your summer days so beautiful, memorable and special to you! I will randomly select someone from the comments left and send them a little something "summery"!

3 comments:

  1. I love not being tied to a schedule - waking up and asking myself what I want to do with our day. No school, dance, sports or other activities to run off to!

    Fresh produce. Tomatoes are tops. Corn, okra, beans, zucchini... it's all so good.

    Eating popsicles with the kids on the back porch and watching the brightly colored juice drip down their hands and arms. Then seeing their lips and tongue turn that same color.

    Life just seems simpler in the summertime. Bare feet and pulled-back hair. No one cares that your house is a mess because you have been outside every single day. Food prep is minimal because you need little more than fresh farmstand vegetables and some fresh fish on the grill to make a meal.

    Summer gives me permission to be deliciously lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not the most eloquent of people but summer is my favorite time of year. I love gardening outside with the kids watching them grow along with the veggies. The time spent soaking up the sun and playing in the grass or jumping on the trampoline. I love fireworks and barbequing all kinds of yummy things. I love swimming or playing in the sprinklers. One of my most favorite summer pastimes is camping with my family, hiking and exploring. Honestly I can't think of anything I don't love about summer especially when it is spent spending time with my husband and kids just relaxing and enjoying each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore BOTH of your comments and the wonderful summer memories they capture! Each of you will be receiving a little something to enhance your summer ambiance. Please email your addresses to: tracy@vibrantdrinkactlife.com and thank you for commenting and enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete