Friday, June 17, 2011

Nutritious and Fun Kid Food

Do you dread trying to get your child to eat healthful foods?
Is going to restaurants with your kids an ordeal?
Want to learn how to make delicious and nutritious baby food?
Have I got a book for YOU!!!

Starting our children on the right foot nutritionally is of utmost importance, and starting as young as possible to develop a versatile taste appreciation is key. I find many parents making separate meals for their kids consistently in "hopes" their child will eat it. I see soda pop in baby bottles that shocks me. I see 18 month old babies saying, "french fries" as one of their first words and it stuns me. The first 5 years of a child's life are of key brain and body development and it is the one chance we have to instill within them optimum health before it goes much more "media hype food" and such. Making it fun and colorful from the getgo in babyhood makes the transition to the vast array of textures and tastes much easier and in utilizing my ALL TIME FAVORITE child cooking guidebook, Anna Karmel's, "FIRST MEALS", has been simply fantastic since my daughter was 5 months old. To this day, I still make all kinds of meals and fun ideas from it. I can also rest assured she is getting what she needs, having a fun time helping to create and enjoy meals and she also eats fantastically when dining in restaurants.

Perfect for parents, grandparents, as a baby shower gift, etc.!

Look at the great pictures and information!
The photos are great, the recipes and instructions awesome, and the nutritional information really makes you aware of the needs, challenges and issues we face as we instill good choices within our children.

I simply LOVE it!!

















Seriously, how CUTE is THIS?!!
Who has heard of this book?

Who loves to use it?

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts about it!

2 comments:

  1. This book looks awesome Tracy, I have a few people in mind to give this to. I wish that there was something like this when Caiti was a little one. Thanks for sharing!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. STILL one of my favorite cookbooks. Thank you SO MUCH for introducing it to me long ago!

    ReplyDelete