Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A mother's love ...

I SO love this.
Love the photo, love the colors, love the emotion, love the LOVE that simply pours from it.

It speaks volumes as it pulls at my heart. It quietly humbles me, yet also creates such a joy within me.

It is simply breathtaking and I yearn to paint it one day... as my mother would have loved to do so. I could watch her sketch and paint for hours - it was a huge part of my childhood.


A mother's touch, enduring love and consistent, unconditional devotion is SO precious... sacrificing herself to benefit her children. She always embraces them, nourishes them and sculpts them - even beyond her arm's length.  

I am SO incredibly blessed to be a mother. A chance that almost couldn't happen for me. To look into the eyes of my sweet girl and to see my OWN mother within her - with her hair and her smile - seeing my mom smiling back at me WITHIN her is beyond any words I can muster. Only tear-filled eyes of happiness, gratitude and hope, hope for a future for her as beautiful as the one that my own mother gave her ALL to give to me.

In honor of my mother, Rolly Muchow, October 18, 1929 - June 4, 1996
Nearly 16 years she's been gone, yet I see her more and more as I look in the mirror...


4 comments:

  1. Tracy, what a touching post. Parents and grandparents: we only have my mom left. I thank God for her everyday. I do love seeing my dad or other loving relative reflected in my children. You always know the ones that have physically left this earth are still with you in an amazing, on going, circle of life way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and lovely response to my own. Whether in our own mirrored reflections or in the laughter, smiles and physical attributes of us, pieces of our history do indeed carry on within us. It IS amazing and lovely. {Please leave your name if you would!}

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful picture! I love the little baby fast asleep on her back. I used to love carrying my babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like only yesterday, doesn't it? We blink and there they are, all legs and cute toothless grins... babyhood is such a precious time that goes by so very quickly.

      Delete